What is the National Foundation for the Development of Cultural Technologies?
One of the important issues to support national production is the prioritization and selection of industries that can organize the sustainable development based on national values faster. Given the opportunities, threats, and limited resources, the country's capabilities need to be focused in some strategic industries. In this regard, when it comes to national production, national wealth creation, employment generation, and so on, the focus is first on industries such as oil, gas, petrochemicals, automobiles, and etc. but other industries are not considered seriously. However, if we take indicators of wealth creation, employment, economic growth and so on into account, cultural industries will be one of the most important priorities.
Cultural industry is a type of industry that create ideas, produce and distribute products and services of a cultural nature that addresses the cultural aspects of individuals and society. This industry, which its raw materials are derived from human creativity, not only generate the most income and employment, but are also culturally, socially, securely and politically important.
Today, cultural industry plays a major role in the GDP of most industrialized countries. In these countries, the exportation of cultural goods and intellectual products is far more important than the exportation of conventional industrial goods. Unfortunately, cultural exportations and intellectual products are not considered worthy enough in under developed countries, and this potential opportunity has been ignored. Countries that have realized the strategic importance of the cultural industry and have taken appropriate action today are privileged economically and is culturally influential worldwide, and unlike countries that have not supported their cultural industries, for a variety of ideological, political, or economic reasons, Short-term economic aims or even nature of the culture, today they are plagued by an influx of alienated cultural products and content, and are exposed to all its serious consequences such as jeopardizing cultural identity and paying huge costs for copyright or the pressure they feel to create an obstacle for cultural importation so they are at risk of isolation both economically and culturally. In fact, the cultural industry has a significant share of people's access to information, education and culture as well as employment and play an important role in presenting the cultural image of a country or nation and creating a competent place in the international economy. The integration of technology with the cultural industry will pave the way for the rapid growth of these industries and achieve a high position in the international economy.
Entrepreneurial ecosystem of creative industry is in fact an entrepreneurial platform based on utilizing the capabilities of all the devices in the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Iran is one of the great countries which its ten thousand years of civilization and history can serve as a means of generating income and employment. Tourism, handicrafts, cultural infrastructure, places of pilgrimage, and Iranian poetry and art are areas that can play a role in entrepreneurship development. The national foundation of cultural technologies development intends to work towards the development of creative industry-based businesses by establishing national and provincial innovation centers and integrating technology with the cultural industries. The foundation focuses on creation and development of technologies in the production, marketing, advertising, sales and evaluation of cultural industries and aims to recognize and bring up new, active and powerful startups and businesses which have been able to create valuable products regarding new technologies and their integration with art and creative industries. The foundation will try to fulfill the requirements by recognizing requirements of ecosystem, like rules and guidelines, financial resources, investments, etc. and by interacting inside and outside of the system and using all internal and external capabilities.
Also, the foundation is responsible for organizing the development of technology-based creative industries by advertising capacities and culturalization in the country.
What is the cultural industry?
Cultural industry is the combination of creativity, production and distribution of goods and services that are cultural in nature and are usually protected by intellectual property rights, according to UNICEF. UNICEF also considers the cultural industry as peoples’ engagement in any of the following activities:
- • Publish, distribute or sell books, periodicals magazines or newspapers in printed form or readable format
- • Production, distribution, sale or presentation of films or recorded videos
- • Produce, distribute, sell or deliver music or audio recordings
- • Radio and television communications as well as all satellite programs which are available to the general public
Cultural industry is knowledge-based and is highly capable of job creation. Products of this industry are based on creation, skill and innovation and is usually technology-oriented. These industries, based on a category, include:
- 1. Theatre and play
- 2. Radio and television
- 3. Publications (paper-based or electronic)
- 4. Music
- 5. Fashion (clothes, etc.)
- 6. Tourism
- 7. Decoration and architecture
- 8. Electronic education
- 9. Advertisement
- 10. Animation
- 11. Computer games
- 12. Handicrafts
What are the activities and aims of the foundation?
The main activity of the foundation is around technology and development of the creative industries based on a native capability. Focusing on handicrafts technologies, tourism, eco-tourism, carpet industry, digital content generation, art and art industry and games is of innovation centers and the foundations’ priorities.
Perspective of the foundation:
Best ecosystem of cultural industries business in the Middle-east
- • Development of cultural technologies in the country through synergizing the systems
- • Increase of cultural technologies exportation and currency exchanges
- • To create stable employment
- • To institute and create powerful clusters in different cultural industries
- • To empower the community to build technological businesses
- • To provide a framework for market development, increase sales and maintain cultural businesses
- • To open 8 regional innovation centers in the country in two years
- • To empower 6000 individuals in country in order to move towards launching cultural businesses
- • To hold at least 10 entrepreneurial startup events in 2 years
- • To help forming 100 startups based on cultural technologies
- • To help forming 1000 employment directly or indirectly
- • To hold national festival of cultural technologies and conferences and definition of national cultural technology awards
- • To open digital techno market of creative industry and finalizing bellowing items:
- • To facilitate the exportation of cultural technologies to countries in the same region, and especially Eurasia
- • To organize the participation in international annual exhibitions